Wednesday, January 28, 2009

salad of ideas

This is a pic of my room! Below it is a pic of the Comedie Francaise, where we went for our Bing outing to see the Mariage of Figaro!


The internet is a wonderful thing! I've only had it for a day now at my host family's house, and already it's revolutionizing my life. For example, I can look up hostels for Barcelona, do homework, and figure out where to get my hair cut at 10pm! Sweetness.
Today I remembered that the soldes won't be lasting for much longer. As a result, I am in a panic trying to convince myself that, no, I don't need more clothes. Or shoes. Or accessories. Or even just socks? Aah, I want everything.

Today I had WWII class early in the morning, which I was half-dead at. I've been really tired since we got back from Dublin, so I'd better make up for some of that sleep debt before we leave this weekend for Flandres. At 2 (14h) I'm meeting up with one of my art history classes at the Louvre to discuss Ingres. There has been a ton of reading for that class, and basically the novel I just (mostly) read just says that Ingres was the laughing stock of the Salon during his membership. (The Salon du Louvre was like "the" art association back in the day. Being a member meant that you were regarded as a legit painter. Maybe kind of similar to a Rhodes Scholar in terms of its status?)
I am slowly becoming self-conscious of my writing on this blog. I feel like, as a creative writing major, you will all be judging how interesting/engaging/funny this is. Well too bad for you, because I'm just writing things as they come and not editing. (Though I will not be posting any poetry =/= too bad.)

I've been having good talks with my host family lately about religion, France in WWII, and painting. For my birthday, my host parents bought me two books (on Michel-Ange and l'histoire de la mode). My host mum also made six mini cakes, with candles. It was super nice of them. It's weird, I'm starting to feel like we're becoming friends but it's still super awkward because... well... it just is? (I just realized I forget how to use ellipses.)

Anyway, I wanted to start researching some hairdressers and maybe a nail salon (choosing one as a belated b-day activity), so adios! I'm going to try to pepper in some random pics/vids with this one. I guess explanations will follow at a later date.


xoxo

1 comment:

  1. where is your buzz cut? i love u jlu. i wish i was international right now !

    ReplyDelete